Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bible Activity Book: Jacob and Esau

For our Jacob and Esau page I decided it would be fun to make a touch and feel page of hairy and smooth.



We started out with the little foam 'Indian' men I found at Hobby Lobby last Thanksgiving (which I am now officially out of so I will have to get more creative in the future lol).

At the top of the page I printed the verse:
"...the older will serve the younger." Genesis 25:23b



Then we glued some craft fur on Esau. I bought the craft fur at Hob Lob, too. And, let me tell you, the stuff makes a HUGE MESS. So, there aren't a lot of action shots while we make these! I was corralling fur instead of taking pictures!



Mini Cooper made her first Bible page-she was pretty pleased.



The hair didn't stick all that well, either, so I'm not sure what happened to the hair on Esau's arm. {Yes, I'm well aware that Esau resembles a troll}



This is Mustang's finished page-she labeled the names herself.

I read somewhere online that others had used sandpaper for Esau instead of fur. I like the fur better, but sandpaper would be less messy! So, maybe another idea for you if you decide to make one of these!

Enjoy and God Bless!!!

********************************************

If you would like to see more Bible Activity pages, check out my older posts:

Creation
Adam Names the Animals
Adam and Eve
Noah's Ark
Tower of Babel, Abram and Lot, Sarah's Baby (all three are on the same blog post)
Issac and Rebekah's Wedding

2 comments:

Ticia said...

I like the fur better too.

The teacher supply store near me had blank people, but they're more gingerbread type and not as cute as your Indians......

Stef said...

too cute too cute !!!